MODWRIGHT KWI 200 Integrated Amplifier
The MODWRIGHT KWI 200 Integrated Amplifier, handcrafted in the USA, stands as an embodiment of integration of simplicity, purity, elegance, and power. This high-end audio system requires only a power cord, speaker cables, and speakers to deliver a superior auditory experience.
Designed for music lovers seeking a simpler yet high-quality path to enjoying music, the KWI 200 offers an all-in-one solution. It’s a testament to the freedom from the physical space demands of complex audio separates.
The full-function remote of the KWI 200 provides seamless control over volume, mute, power, input select, remote triggers, DAC input select as well as MM or MC phono inputs (both optional). Dual digital displays, clearly visible from across the room, indicate source input and volume level. For your convenience, these displays can be remotely dimmed or turned off.
Manual controls are intentionally kept simple: two knobs and two buttons. Power, Home Theater Bypass (or preamp-input) button, source select, and volume control knobs complete the interface.
- Power output: 200W into 8 ohms (0.06% THD), 400W into 4 ohms (0.06% THD)
- Inputs: 3 pairs RCA, 1 pair XLR, 1 pair RCA Home Theater Bypass (or preamp-in)
- Outputs: 2 pairs 5-way binding posts, 1 pair RCA Preamp-outputs
- Remote Control: Volume, mute, source, power, trigger, display dim/off
- Optional: MM/MC Phono with one pair RCA inputs
- Gain: 50db, including preamp stage gain
- Loading: 100, 500 1K, 47K, 100pf internal dip switches
- Input Impedance: 20K
- Bandwidth: 10Hz – 100Khz
- Gain: 34dB
- Input Sensitivity: 1 Volt
- Transformer: 1.5KVA
- Total Capacitance: > 234,000uf
- Max input level: 6Vrms (18V pk-pk)
- Dimensions: 17.75-Wx17.5-Dx6.5-H
- Weight: 55lb (62lb shipped)
The KWI 200 uses a digitally controlled analog volume control with buffered input to the Solid State Music Stage, found in all ModWright’s amplifiers. This setup allows for a volume control superior to standard potentiometers and a single gain stage, direct-coupled to the current amplified output stage for ultimate sonic purity.
Its power handling is MOSFET by design, boasting a 1.5KVA power transformer and over 234,000 microfarads total capacitance. With an incredible reserve of current and power capacity of 200W into 8 ohms (400W into 4 ohms), the KWI 200 has the flexibility to drive nearly any speaker.
The MODWRIGHT KWI 200, now proudly presented in Canada by Soundshapers, is the epitome of integrated power. Experience the beauty of simplicity, purity, elegance, and power in your audio journey with the MODWRIGHT KWI 200.